This PRO version mini USB to Serial adapter is similar to our STD mini adapter however with some major exceptions: this adapter is designed around the popular and highly reliable FT232RL chip from FTDI which makes this adapter superior to the Standard version. Furthermore this adapter has indication LED lights to show TX and RX activity.
It is perfect for mobile applications and devices as the small size makes it easy to store it in a laptop bag or a pocket, it is also ideal simply if you want a convenient and small adapter which makes it easy to add a serial port to any desktop or laptop, for general office, commercial and industrial use.
After installing the included drivers the serial port is automatically configured as an additional COM port which shows up in your operating system's Device Manager. This COM port can be accessed and used as if it was a standard built-in COM port.
The FT232RL chip and drivers also allows the user to adjust several port settings such as baud rate, data bits, flow control, COM port number and even latency times and more.
This USB to serial adapter is compatible with most serial devices and we have successfully tested it with several GPS and PDA devices (Garmin, Mallagan, Palm), modems, printers, scanners, digital cameras and office equipment.
Easy installation of drivers and requires no IRQ, DMA, or I/O port resources which means that more devices can be attached to your system without the hassle of device and resource conflicts.
As all our high performance USB to serial adapters this adapter is fully compatible with all versions of Windows 32/64-bit and most recent versions of Linux and Mac.
- Port powered USB to serial adapter
- Indication LED lights for TX and RX activity
- Guaranteed genuine non-clone FTDI processor chips
using Windows WHQL certified drivers (beware of clones)
- Full Handshaking and Modem Interface Signals
- Hexagonal nut stand-offs for connecting thumbscrews
- USB Plug and Play with Windows 7 and 8
- High performance FT232RL processor
- Auto detection of data speed
- Built-in electrostatic protection
- Windows 11, 10, 8.1, 8 (32/64-bit), Windows Server 2016, Windows Server 2012 / R2, Windows 7 (32/64-bit), Windows Server 2008 R2, Vista (32/64-bit), Windows Server 2008 (32/64-bit), XP, Windows Server 2003 (32/64-bit), 2000, (all WHQL compliant). Windows RT as D2XX drivers only.
- Windows CE v4.2 - 5.2, 6.0, 7.0 and 2013 including: Windows Mobile 2003, 2003 SE, Windows Mobile 5, 6, 6.1 and 6.5
- Linux (built into kernel 3.0.0-19 and above)
- Mac OS 8, OS 9, OS X 10.3 to 10.9 and above
|Unique chipID no.
||Yes, each converter has it own unique ID number which can be accessed by the user with the D2XX driver programmers guide.
||RS232 DB9 Male
|RS232 output power
||Standard Type A Male
||TX, RX and Power
||TX, RX, RTS, CTS, DTR, DSR, RI and GND
|Power on pin 9
||Guaranteed up to 230.000bps
|| None, Odd, Even, Mark, Space
|TX / RX buffer size
||256 Byte Transmit Buffer / 128 Byte Receive Buffer
|Adjustable USB transfer sizes for TX and RX
||From 64 bytes to 4096 bytes
|Adjustable latency timer
||1 to 255 msec
|Adjustable read and write timeouts
||0 to 10000 msec
||None, Xon/Xoff, Hardware
|COM port accessible by
||Included virtual COM port drivers or FTD2XX.DLL
|Electrostatic (ESD) protection
||600W surge protection, 15KV static electricity protection
||Static: less than 80mA. Dynamic average: less than 150mA
||USB1.1,2.0,3.0, EIA/TIA RS-232
||FCC, CE and RoHS
||Operating: -13°F to 158°F (-25°C to 70°C)
Storage: -40°F to 185°F (-40°C to 85°C)
||1 year limited warranty
For alternative USB to serial solutions please see our full selection of USB to Serial RS232 adapters
Available in Europe from Tronicore.com