This is our high quality USB to Serial adapter. It is one of the most reliable, high performance and easy to use USB serial adapters on the market. It is optimized for Windows 8 and Windows 7 32 and 64-bit versions but will of course also work perfectly fine with older versions such as Vista, XP, 2000 and 98.
This USB serial adapter is suitable for most applications, including industrial, commercial and any general office computer device. It is designed with a high performance quality processor chip which makes this serial adapter one of the most reliable and professional adapters on the market. It easily lets you connect any RS232 device directly to your computer's USB port, without experiencing any troubles like computer freeze, IO problems or any other driver problems.
The adapter is powered from your computer's USB port so no additional external power source is needed. The RS232 end is a standard 9-pin D-sub connector for easy connection of all standard serial cables.
After installing the included drivers and connecting the Serial to USB adapter to your computer, it will show up as a virtual serial COM port in Windows Device Manager where you can manage and configure it as if it was a standard built-in serial COM port.
The processor chip in this adapter is the FT232RL from FTDI Semiconductors which is one of the best and most reliable Serial to USB adapter chipsets on the market. The processor is combined with a ZT213LEEA RS232 serial driver from ZyWyn USA, which has proven to work exceptionally well with the FTDI processor. Documentation is available in our download section.
- Port powered USB to serial adapter
- Indication LED lights for TX and RX activity
- WHQL compliant COM drivers included
- Full Handshaking and Modem Interface Signals
- Hexagonal nut stand-offs for connecting thumbscrews
- USB Plug and Play with Windows 7 and 8
- High performance FT232RL processor
- Auto detection of data speed
- Built-in electrostatic protection
- Windows 8.1 / 8 (32/64-bit), Windows Server 2012, Windows 7 (32/64-bit), Windows Server 2008 R2, Vista (32/64-bit), Windows Server 2008 (32/64-bit), XP, Windows Server 2003 (32/64-bit), 2000, (all WHQL compliant)
- Windows CE v4.2 - 5.2 and 6.0 which includes: Windows Mobile 2003, 2003 SE, Windows Mobile 5, 6, 6.1 and 6.5
- Mac OS 8, OS 9, OS X
|Unique chipID no.
||Yes, each converter has it own unique ID number which can be accessed by the user with the D2XX driver programmers guide.
||RS232 DB9 Male
|RS232 output power
||Standard Type A Male
||TX, RX and Power
||TX, RX, RTS, CTS, DTR, DSR, RI and GND
|Power on pin 9
||300-921,600bps (up to 3Mbps by using alising)
|| None, Odd, Even, Mark, Space
|TX / RX buffer size
||256 Byte Transmit Buffer / 128 Byte Receive Buffer
|Adjustable USB transfer sizes for TX and RX
||From 64 bytes to 4096 bytes
|Adjustable latency timer
||1 to 255 msec
|Adjustable read and write timeouts
||0 to 10000 msec
||None, Xon/Xoff, Hardware
|COM port accessible by
||Included virtual COM port drivers or FTD2XX.DLL
|Electrostatic (ESD) protection
||600W surge protection, 15KV static electricity protection
||Static: less than 80mA. Dynamic average: less than 150mA
||USB1.1,2.0,3.0, EIA/TIA RS-232
||FCC, CE and RoHS
||-20°C to 60°C
||1 year limited warranty
For alternative USB to serial solutions please see our full selection of USB to Serial RS232 adapters