Industrial grade panel-mount USB to RS485 / RS422 converter. With its metal housing and panel mounting holes this converter is ideal for factory environments and most other industrial and commercial installations.
This USB to RS485 / RS422 converter is powered through the included USB cable so no external power supply is required.
With DIP switched the user can select between 2-wire RS485 or 4-wire RS422; or the converter can simply be set to auto-detect which signal is connected to the interface.
LED lights for TX and RX makes it easy to determine when data is present which is a great help when troubleshooting.
After installing the included drivers a virtual COM port automatically shows up in your computer's Device Manager which can be used as if it was a standard built-in COM port.
This USB to RS485 converter is designed around the high performance industry proven FT232RL processor from FTDI which ensures optimum reliability and performance.
- Windows 10, 8.1, 8 (32/64-bit), Windows Server 2012 / R2, Windows 7 (32/64-bit), Windows Server 2008 R2, Vista (32/64-bit), Windows Server 2008 (32/64-bit), XP, Windows Server 2003 (32/64-bit), 2000, (all WHQL compliant). Windows RT as D2XX drivers only.
- Windows CE v4.2 - 5.2, 6.0, 7.0 and 2013 including: Windows Mobile 2003, 2003 SE, Windows Mobile 5, 6, 6.1 and 6.5
- Linux (built into kernel 3.0.0-19 and above)
- Mac OS 8, OS 9, OS X 10.3 to 10.9 and above
|Unique chipID no.
||Yes, each converter has it own unique ID number which can be accessed by the user with the D2XX driver programmers guide.
||DB9 Male connector
||Send and Receive
|Fail-safe bias resistors
||Standard Type B Female
||1-port available for RS485 and RS422
- 2-wire RS485: D+, D-, GND
- 4-wire RS485: TX+, TX-, RX+, RX-, GND
- 4-wire RS422: TX+, TX-, RX+, RX-, GND
||300-921,600bps (up to 3Mbps by using alising)
|| None, Odd, Even, Mark, Space
|TX / RX buffer size
||256 Byte Transmit Buffer / 128 Byte Receive Buffer
|Adjustable USB transfer sizes for TX and RX
||From 64 bytes to 4096 bytes
|Adjustable latency timer
||1 to 255 msec
|Adjustable read and write timeouts
||0 to 10000 msec
||None, Xon/Xoff, Hardware
|COM port accessible by
||Included virtual COM port drivers or FTD2XX.DLL
- Compatible with Modbus RTU/ASCII, BACnet
- Supports non-standard baud rates
- Automatic Send Control
- Built-in terminal resistor (jumper inside unit)
|Electrostatic (ESD) protection
||600W surge protection, 15KV static electricity protection
||Static: less than 80mA. Dynamic average: less than 150mA
||5VDC provided by included USB cable
Alternatively external 5VDC power supply barrel size 5.5 x 2.1 x 11.5mm (not included)
||FCC, CE and RoHS
||-40 to 85C
||75 x 50 x 23mm (without screw mounts), 72mm wide with screw mounts
||1 year limited warranty
For alternative USB to serial solutions please see our full selection of USB to RS485 / RS422 converters