This is a 4-port industrial grade panel-mount USB to RS485 / RS422 converter. With its metal housing and panel mounting holes this converter is ideal for factory environments and most other industrial and commercial installations.
This USB to RS485 / RS422 converter has 4 serial COM ports and is powered through the included USB cable so no external power supply is required, however an external 5VDC 1A power supply can easily be connected if needed.
With DIP switches the user can select between 2-wire RS485 or 4-wire RS422; or the converter can simply be set to auto-detect which signal is connected to the interface.
A nice feature of this converter is that each individual port can be set to either RS485 or RS422 which means that you can use RS485 and RS422 simultaneously.
LED lights for TX and RX makes it easy to determine when data is present which is a great help when troubleshooting.
After installing the included drivers a virtual COM port automatically shows up in your computer's Device Manager which can be used as if it was a standard built-in COM port.
This USB to RS485/422 converter is designed around the high performance industry proven FT232RL processor from FTDI which ensures optimum reliability and performance.
- Windows 10, 8.1, 8 (32/64-bit), Windows Server 2012 / R2, Windows 7 (32/64-bit), Windows Server 2008 R2, Vista (32/64-bit), Windows Server 2008 (32/64-bit), XP, Windows Server 2003 (32/64-bit), 2000, (all WHQL compliant). Windows RT as D2XX drivers only.
- Windows CE v4.2 - 5.2, 6.0, 7.0 and 2013 including: Windows Mobile 2003, 2003 SE, Windows Mobile 5, 6, 6.1 and 6.5
- Linux (built into kernel 3.0.0-19 and above)
- Mac OS 8, OS 9, OS X 10.3 to 10.9 and above
|Unique chipID no.
||Yes, each converter has it own unique ID number which can be accessed by the user with the D2XX driver programmers guide.
||DB9 Male connector
||Send and Receive
|Fail-safe bias resistors
||Standard Type B Female
||4-ports available for RS485 and RS422
- 2-wire RS485: D+, D-, GND
- 4-wire RS485: TX+, TX-, RX+, RX-, GND
- 4-wire RS422: TX+, TX-, RX+, RX-, GND
||300-921,600bps (up to 3Mbps by using alising)
|| None, Odd, Even, Mark, Space
|TX / RX buffer size
||256 Byte Transmit Buffer / 128 Byte Receive Buffer
|Adjustable USB transfer sizes for TX and RX
||From 64 bytes to 4096 bytes
|Adjustable latency timer
||1 to 255 msec
|Adjustable read and write timeouts
||0 to 10000 msec
||None, Xon/Xoff, Hardware
|COM port accessible by
||Included virtual COM port drivers or FTD2XX.DLL
- Compatible with Modbus RTU/ASCII, BACnet
- Supports non-standard baud rates
- Automatic Send Control
- Built-in terminal resistor (jumper inside unit)
|Electrostatic (ESD) protection
||600W surge protection, 15KV static electricity protection
||Static: less than 80mA. Dynamic average: less than 150mA
- 5VDC provided by included USB cable
- Alternatively external 5VDC power supply barrel size 5.5 x 2.1 x 11.5mm (not included)
||USB1.1,2.0,3.0, EIA/TIA RS-232
||FCC, CE and RoHS
||-40 to 85C
||148 x 60 x 23mm (without screw mounts), 172mm with screw mounts
||1 year limited warranty
For alternative USB to serial RS485 and RS422 solutions please see our full selection of USB to Serial RS485 converters