We expect this item in stock by the end of February, you are welcome to place your order now and we will ship it as soon as it becomes available.
The MWE820B is an industrial strength very solid and reliable isolated USB to Serial Converter with RS232 / RS422 / RS485 interfaces that requires no external power supply. With its standard DIN rail mount and screw terminals it is a great choice for industrial and commercial applications for general use at point-to-point or point-to-multipoint networks.
After installing the included drivers one (1) virtual COM port automatically shows up in your computer's Device Manager which can be used as if it was a standard built-in COM port.
This USB to Serial converter is build around the high performance industry proven reliable CP2102 processor from Silicon Labs.
Optical isolation is achieved by high speed 6N137 isolation optocouplers from Fairchild Semiconductors, which effectively protects your equipment against all types of high voltage spikes, surges and static electricity.
Another nice feature is that this converter is stackable, meaning you can mount as many units on top of each other as you want, which will save you space on the DIN rail.
This converter will not create 3 individual virtual COM ports in your computer's Device Manager, it will instead create only 1 virtual COM port which can be used for RS232, RS485 and RS422 communication, however all 3 physical ports on the converter can be used at the same time for simultaneous data transfers. This means that data is present on the 3 physical ports at the same time; one port for RS232, one port for RS485 and one port for RS422.
- Combo RS232, RS485 and RS422 converter
- One COM port available
- Port powered, no need for external power
- Optically isolated
- Screw terminal block
- WHQL compliant COM drivers included
- Auto detection of data speed
- Built-in electrostatic protection
- Advanced port settings available
- USB cable included
- Windows 10, 8.1, 8 (32/64-bit), Windows Server 2012 / R2, Windows 7 (32/64-bit), Windows Server 2008 R2, Vista (32/64-bit), Windows Server 2008 (32/64-bit), XP, Windows Server 2003 (32/64-bit), 2000, (all WHQL compliant). Windows RT as D2XX drivers only.
- Windows CE v4.2 - 5.2, 6.0, 7.0 and 2013 including: Windows Mobile 2003, 2003 SE, Windows Mobile 5, 6, 6.1 and 6.5
- Linux (built into kernel 3.0.0-19 and above)
- Mac OS 8, OS 9, OS X 10.3 to 10.9 and above
||Silicon Labs CP2102
||5VDC provided by USB port
||Screw terminal block
output voltage: ~8.9VDC
||RS422 4-wire Full Duplex,
output voltage: ~5.0VDC
||RS485 2 wire Half Duplex,
output voltage: ~5.0VDC
||Modbus RTU/ASCII, BACnet
||35mm standard DIN rail or screws
||Standard Type B Female
||Power, Send and Receive
||1 (RS232, RS485 or RS422)
||- RS232: TX, RX, GND
- RS485: D+, D-, GND
- RS422: T+, T-, R+, R-, GND
||300 to 921600bps
|| None, Odd, Even, Mark, Space
||5, 6, 7, 8
||1, 1.5, 2
|TX / RX buffer size
||640 byte transmit buffer, 576 byte receive buffer
||Hardware or Xon / Xoff
|COM port accessible by
||Included virtual COM port drivers
|| - Event character support
- Line break transmission
||700V continuous and 3500V spike
|Electrostatic (ESD) protection
||15KV/ 600W/ms high voltage protection
||Static: less than 80mA. Dynamic average: less than 150mA
||102mm x 69mm x 33mm
||USB1.1,2.0,3.0, EIA/TIA RS-232
||FCC, CE and RoHS
||–40 to +85 °C
||1 year limited warranty
For alternative USB to serial solutions please see our full selection of USB to Serial RS232 adapters