Desktop-style commercial strength 4-port USB-RS232 converter optimized for Windows 10, Windows 8 and Windows 7 but will also work fine with Linux, Mac and older operating systems.
With this multi-port USB-RS232 converter you can easily add four RS232 COM ports to almost any computer with a standard USB port. Surge and static protection up to 15KV protects all four COM ports.
This USB-RS232 converter is built around the high-performance and very reliable FT232BL chipset from FTDI Semiconductors which makes it fully compatible with most operating systems, including Linux and Mac and 32/64-but systems.
This converter is powered by the USB port but can optionally be powered by an external 5VDC supply. An external power supply is usually only required if you connect serial devices which draw a high current or if you connect this converter via a USB hub.
The housing is made of aluminum with hard plastic ends and indication LED lights indicate when data is present on any of the four ports.
- Four individual serial ports
- Works with most operating systems
- Easy installation
- Port-powered from USB bus
- External power option
- Supports most serial devices
- Indication lights for all 4 COM ports
- USB cable included with each converter
- Windows 10, 8.1, 8 (32/64-bit), Windows Server 2012 / R2, Windows 7 (32/64-bit), Windows Server 2008 R2, Vista (32/64-bit), Windows Server 2008 (32/64-bit), XP, Windows Server 2003 (32/64-bit), 2000, (all WHQL compliant). Windows RT as D2XX drivers only.
- Windows CE v4.2 - 5.2, 6.0, 7.0 and 2013 including: Windows Mobile 2003, 2003 SE, Windows Mobile 5, 6, 6.1 and 6.5
- Linux (built into kernel 3.0.0-19 and above)
- Mac OS 8, OS 9, OS X 10.3 to 10.9 and above
||Analog Devices ADM213
||RS232 DB9 Male x 4
|RS232 output power
||8.0VDC per port
||Standard Type B Female
||TX, RX and Power
||TX, RX, RTS, CTS, DTR, DSR, RI and GND
|Power on pin 9
||300-921,600bps (up to 3Mbps by using alising)
|| None, Odd, Even, Mark, Space
|TX / RX buffer size
||128 Byte Transmit Buffer / 384 Byte Receive Buffer
|Adjustable USB transfer sizes for TX and RX
||From 64 bytes to 4096 bytes
|Adjustable latency timer
||1 to 255 msec
|Adjustable read and write timeouts
||0 to 10000 msec
||None, Xon/Xoff, Hardware
|COM port accessible by
||Included virtual COM port drivers or FTD2XX.DLL
|Electrostatic (ESD) protection
||600W surge protection, 15KV static electricity protection
||Port powered from USB port. Optional external power (5VDC 1000mA, 3.5 x 1.3 x 7mm barrel connector, center +)
||Static: less than 80mA. Dynamic average: less than 150mA
||5.90"(L) x 2.61"(W) x 1.02"(H)
||USB1.1,2.0,3.0, EIA/TIA RS-232
||FCC, CE and RoHS
||-20°C to 60°C
||1 year limited warranty
For alternative USB to serial solutions please see our full selection of USB to Serial RS232 adapters