U-485G is an isolated USB to RS422 / RS485 converter that requires no external power supply. With its standard DIN rail mount and optional screw terminals it is a great choice for industrial and commercial applications for general use at point to point or point to multi point networks where you wish to protect your equipment from voltage surges and spikes. It connects to other RS422 / RS485 devices and up to 32 nodes can be connected in one network.
The circuitry is build around the popular FT232BL chip from FTDI, with high speed 6N137 isolation optocouplers from Fairchild Semiconductors.
A nice feature of this converter is that it has a slide switch to enable and disable the built-in 120 ohm terminal resistor.
This USB to RS485 / RS422 converter has one RS485 port and one RS422 port. Only one port can be used at a time. Which port is in use (RS485 or RS422) is determined by the slide switch on top of the converter.
Multiple converters can be connected to the same computer without problems.
Each converter will then create one virtual COM port which will show up in your computer's Device Manager after the drivers has been installed.
The converter has full optical isolation for voltages of up to 700V continuous and 3500V spike. It also has electrostatic protection for up to 400W surge and 15KV static electricity. These isolation values makes this converter ideal for most industrial environments where protection of your equipment and data is critical.
- Windows 10, 8.1, 8 (32/64-bit), Windows Server 2016, Windows Server 2012 / R2, Windows 7 (32/64-bit), Windows Server 2008 R2, Vista (32/64-bit), Windows Server 2008 (32/64-bit), XP, Windows Server 2003 (32/64-bit), 2000, (all WHQL compliant). Windows RT as D2XX drivers only.
- Windows CE v4.2 - 5.2, 6.0, 7.0 and 2013 including: Windows Mobile 2003, 2003 SE, Windows Mobile 5, 6, 6.1 and 6.5
- Linux (built into kernel 3.0.0-19 and above)
- Mac OS 8, OS 9, OS X 10.3 to 10.9 and above
||RX, TX and Power
||35mm DIN mount or screws
|Fail-safe bias resistors
|USB cable length
||Standard Type A Male
||1-port available for RS485 and RS422
- Output 1: 2-wire half duplex RS485: D+, D-, GND
- Output 2: 4-wire full duplex RS485: TX+, TX-, RX+, RX-, GND
||300-921,600bps (up to 3Mbps by using alising)
|| None, Odd, Even, Mark, Space
|TX / RX buffer size
||256 Byte Transmit Buffer / 128 Byte Receive Buffer
|Adjustable USB transfer sizes for TX and RX
||From 64 bytes to 4096 bytes
|Adjustable latency timer
||1 to 255 msec
|Adjustable read and write timeouts
||0 to 10000 msec
||None, Xon/Xoff, Hardware
|COM port accessible by
||Included virtual COM port drivers or FTD2XX.DLL
- Compatible with Modbus RTU/ASCII, BACnet
- Supports non-standard baud rates
- Automatic Send Control
- Built-in terminal resistor (120 ohm, selectable by slide switch)
||700V continuous and 3500V spike
|Electrostatic (ESD) protection
||400W surge protection, 15KV static electricity protection
||Static: less than 80mA. Dynamic average: less than 150mA
||USB1.1,2.0,3.0, EIA/TIA RS-232
||FCC, CE and RoHS
|| -13°F to 158°F (-25°C to 70°C)
||85mm x 55mm x 25mm
||1 year limited warranty
For alternative USB to serial RS485 and RS422 solutions please see our full selection of USB to Serial RS485 converters