Our high quality Pro grade USB to RS485 / RS422 converter optimized for Windows 10 and Windows 8 but will of course also work perfectly fine with Windows 98, 2000, XP and Vista. It is suitable for most applications, including industrial, commercial and any general office computer device.
This particular USB to RS485 converter is designed with a high performance quality processor chip and conversion circuitry which makes it one of the most reliable adapters on the market. It easily lets you connect any RS485 or RS422 device directly to your computer's USB port, without experiencing any troubles like computer freeze, IO problems or any other driver problems.
This USB to RS485 converter / USB to RS422 converter is powered from the computer's USB port so no additional external power source is needed. The RS485 / RS422 end is a standard 9-pin D-sub connector with an optional screw terminal board included for easy connection of cables or single wires.
After installing the included drivers and connecting the converter to your computer's USB port, it will show up as a virtual serial COM port in Windows Device Manager where you can manage and configure it like if it was a standard built-in serial COM port.
It is build around the high-end quality chip FT232BL from FTDI Semiconductors which is one of the best and most reliable USB to RS485 / RS422 converter processors on the market, with a SP485E RS485 / RS422 transceiver from Exar Corporation. Detailed documentation is available in our download section.
- Compatible with all major operating systems
- Indication LED's for Power, TX and RX
- Plug and Play USB to RS485 / RS422 Converter
- Fail-safe bias resistors
- Guaranteed genuine non-clone FTDI processor chips
using Windows WHQL certified drivers (beware of clones)
- No power supply needed
- No IRQ/ DMA conflicts
- Automatic send data control
- Auto detection of data speed
- Zero delay automatic transmission
- Terminal board included with each converter
- Windows 10, 8.1, 8 (32/64-bit), Windows Server 2016, Windows Server 2012 / R2, Windows 7 (32/64-bit), Windows Server 2008 R2, Vista (32/64-bit), Windows Server 2008 (32/64-bit), XP, Windows Server 2003 (32/64-bit), 2000, (all WHQL compliant). Windows RT as D2XX drivers only.
- Windows CE v4.2 - 5.2, 6.0, 7.0 and 2013 including: Windows Mobile 2003, 2003 SE, Windows Mobile 5, 6, 6.1 and 6.5
- Linux (built into kernel 3.0.0-19 and above)
- Mac OS 8, OS 9, OS X 10.3 to 10.9 and above
|Unique chipID no.
||Yes, each converter has it own unique ID number which can be accessed by the user with the D2XX driver programmers guide.
|RS485 / RS422 Interface
||DB9 Male / included screw terminal header
|RS485 output power
||3.60VCD (between D+ and GND)
|Fail-safe bias resistors
||Standard Type A Male
||TX, RX and Power
||1-port available for RS485 and RS422 individually
||RS485, 2-wire half duplex: D+, D-, GND
RS422, 4-wire full duplex: TX+, TX-, RX+, RX-, GND
||300-921.600bps (up to 3Mbps by using alising)
|| None, Odd, Even, Mark, Space
|TX / RX buffer size
||256 Byte Transmit Buffer / 128 Byte Receive Buffer
|Adjustable USB transfer sizes for TX and RX
||From 64 bytes to 4096 bytes
|Adjustable latency timer
||1 to 255 msec
|Adjustable read and write timeouts
||0 to 10000 msec
||None, Xon/Xoff, Hardware
|COM port accessible by
||Included virtual COM port drivers or FTD2XX.DLL
- Compatible with Modbus RTU/ASCII, BACnet
- Supports non-standard baud rates
- Automatic Send Control
|Electrostatic (ESD) protection
||600W surge protection, 15KV static electricity protection
||Static: less than 80mA. Dynamic average: less than 150mA
||USB1.1,2.0,3.0, EIA/TIA RS-232
||FCC, CE and RoHS
||Operating: -13°F to 158°F (-25°C to 70°C)
Storage: -40°F to 185°F (-40°C to 85°C)
||56" not including the connectors
||70mm x 35mm x 18mm
||1 year limited warranty
For alternative USB to serial RS485 and RS422 solutions please see our full selection of USB to Serial RS485 converters