Don't let the small size of this USB to RS485 converter fool you; it is one of the strongest converters we have in regards to both circuitry and physical strength.
The circuitry is built into the housing of the USB connector; the housing is made of a hard semi-transparent ABS plastic blend which effectively protects the circuitry from the environment.
Industrial Grade Specifications
What makes this converter such a strong converter is the main circuitry which consists of a FT232RL processor which ensures reliable data conversion and for extra protection and performance we have chosen to use the SP485 serial driver and additional fail-safe bias resistors, 60VDC fault protection, 15KV Air Discharge protection, 4KV Contact Discharge protection with a true industrial grade operating temperature of -40°C to 85°C.
This USB to RS485 converter has some great features rarely seen in this type of compact converter.
- A ferrite bead in front of the USB connector prevents noise from entering the converter from the computer's USB port, effectively reducing noise.
- A logic "OR-gate" combined with the FT232RL processor ensures that data is only present either in the TX channel or the RX channel, not both at the same time, so if your software does not support automatic send data control this converter will take care of the problem on a hardware level.
- The RS485 interface is a 3-screw terminal header which includes the D+, D- and GND signals. The terminal header has a male and a female connector so it is easy to connect single wires to the header and disconnect/re-connect them.
- 5VDC power on the serial side for powering serial devices. This power wire is protected against short circuits and has current limit protection.
- COM port status light. This light indicates if the COM port is successfully created in Windows.
The converter is powered from the USB port so no external power supply is required. LED lights indicating when the converter has power and when it is sending or receiving data is useful when troubleshooting applications.
The drivers for this converter are of course updated frequently, WHQL compliant and works with all versions of Windows, Linux and Mac.
So if you need a strong compact converter then this one will take care of some the most demanding applications and environments. Its built to last.
- Compact strong USB - RS485 converter
- Industrial grade specifications
- 5VDV power for powering serial devices
- COM port status light
- Extraordinary features
- USB port-powered
- Indication LED lights
- Interface: Terminal header + stripped wires
- Automatic Send Control by hardware
- Guaranteed genuine non-clone FTDI processor chips
using Windows WHQL certified drivers (beware of clones)
- Up to 32 nodes in network configuration
- Windows 10, 8.1, 8 (32/64-bit), Windows Server 2012 / R2, Windows 7 (32/64-bit), Windows Server 2008 R2, Vista (32/64-bit), Windows Server 2008 (32/64-bit), XP, Windows Server 2003 (32/64-bit), 2000, (all WHQL compliant). Windows RT as D2XX drivers only.
- Windows CE v4.2 - 5.2, 6.0, 7.0 and 2013 including: Windows Mobile 2003, 2003 SE, Windows Mobile 5, 6, 6.1 and 6.5
- Linux (built into kernel 3.0.0-19 and above)
- Mac OS 8, OS 9, OS X 10.3 to 10.9 and above
|Unique chipID no.
||Yes, each converter has it own unique ID number which can be accessed by the user with the D2XX driver programmers guide.
||Included screw terminal header / single wires
|Fail-safe bias resistors
||Standard Type A Male
||1-port available for RS485
||RS485, 2-wire half duplex: D+, D-, GND and optional +5VDC
||300-921.600bps (up to 3Mbps by using alising)
|| None, Odd, Even, Mark, Space
|TX / RX buffer size
||256 Byte Transmit Buffer / 128 Byte Receive Buffer
|Adjustable USB transfer sizes for TX and RX
||From 64 bytes to 4096 bytes
|Adjustable latency timer
||1 to 255 msec
|Adjustable read and write timeouts
||0 to 10000 msec
||None, Xon/Xoff, Hardware
|COM port accessible by
||Included virtual COM port drivers or FTD2XX.DLL
- Compatible with Modbus RTU/ASCII, BACnet
- Supports non-standard baud rates
- Automatic Send Control
||60VDC fault protection, 15KV Air Discharge protection, 4KV Contact Discharge protection
||Static: less than 80mA. Dynamic average: less than 150mA
||USB1.1,2.0,3.0, EIA/TIA RS-232
||FCC, CE and RoHS
||-40°C to 85°C
||50 x 8 x 18mm (USB part only)
||1 year limited warranty
For alternative USB to serial RS485 and RS422 solutions please see our full selection of USB to Serial RS485 converters