Many new computers now has the USB Type-C connector for connecting USB devices. This USB-C to Serial RS232 adapter will work with all USB Type C ports and most types of serial RS232 devices.
This adapter is designed around the high quality FT232RL processor from FTDI Semiconductors, which makes the it a very good and reliable solution for converting USB data to RS232 or serial RS232 data to USB data. The serial driver IC is a Sipex SP213EEA which guarantees a reliable data transfer speed of at least 230.000bps, which is sufficient for most applications.
Drivers will work with most operating systems including
Windows 10, Windows 8 and Windows 7 32 and 64-bit versions and will also work fine with older versions such as Vista, XP, 2000 and 98. Mac and Linux are also supported.
The FTDI drivers will create a virtual COM port in the operating system's device manager. The virtual COM port can be accessed almost as if it was a native built-in serial COM port.
The drivers offer several adjustable port settings which can be useful if you have a very sensitive serial device which require special settings, otherwise all port settings are automatically adjusted to the serial device you connect to the adapter.
COM port retension (the ability for the operating system to keep the same COM port number even if the adapter is disconnected and then reconnected) is also built into the drivers.
This USB-C to serial adapter is powered from your computer's USB-C port so no additional external power source is required. The serial RS232 end is a standard 9-pin D-sub connector for easy connection of all standard RS232 serial cables.
It is an ideal solution for most
applications, including industrial, commercial and any general office computer device.
- Port powered USB-C to serial adapter
- Indication LED lights for TX and RX activity
- Guaranteed genuine non-clone FTDI processor chips
using Windows WHQL certified drivers (beware of clones)
- Full Handshaking and Modem Interface Signals
- Hexagonal nut stand-offs for connecting thumbscrews
- High performance FT232RL processor
- Sipex SP213EEA serial driver IC
- Auto detection of data speed
- Built-in electrostatic protection
- This adapter has stand-off nuts on each side of the
- Windows 10, 8.1, 8 (32/64-bit), Windows Server 2016, Windows Server 2012 / R2, Windows 7 (32/64-bit), Windows Server 2008 R2, Vista (32/64-bit), Windows Server 2008 (32/64-bit), XP, Windows Server 2003 (32/64-bit), 2000, (all WHQL compliant). Windows RT as D2XX drivers only.
- Windows CE v4.2 - 5.2, 6.0, 7.0 and 2013 including: Windows Mobile 2003, 2003 SE, Windows Mobile 5, 6, 6.1 and 6.5
- Linux (built into kernel 3.0.0-19 and above)
- Mac OS 8, OS 9, OS X 10.3 to 10.9 and above
|Unique chipID no.
||Yes, each converter has it own unique ID number which can be accessed by the user with the D2XX driver programmers guide.
||RS232 DB9 Male
|RS232 output power
||Standard USB Type C Male
||TX, RX and Power
||TX, RX, RTS, CTS, DTR, DSR, RI and GND
|Power on pin 9
||Guaranteed up to 230.000bps
|| None, Odd, Even, Mark, Space
|TX / RX buffer size
||256 Byte Transmit Buffer / 128 Byte Receive Buffer
|Adjustable USB transfer sizes for TX and RX
||From 64 bytes to 4096 bytes
|Adjustable latency timer
||1 to 255 msec
|Adjustable read and write timeouts
||0 to 10000 msec
||None, Xon/Xoff, Hardware
|COM port accessible by
||Included virtual COM port drivers or FTD2XX.DLL
|Electrostatic (ESD) protection
||600W surge protection, 15KV static electricity protection
||Static: less than 80mA. Dynamic average: less than 150mA
||USB1.1,2.0,3.0, EIA/TIA RS-232
||FCC, CE and RoHS
||Operating: -13°F to 158°F (-25°C to 70°C)
Storage: -40°F to 185°F (-40°C to 85°C)
||1 year limited warranty
For alternative USB to serial solutions please see our full selection of USB to Serial RS232 adapters