Don't let the small size of this serial to Ethernet converter fool you, it has a lot of power under the hood. Like the US2000A serial to Ethernet converter this converter is also utilizing the very reliable ARM processor. The main difference between the US2000A and this converter is that this one has two serial RS232 ports and one RS485 / RS422 port.
After installing the included VCOM software two serial ports can be created in your computer's Device Manager. Both RS232 ports can be used individually at the same time. The RS485 / RS422 port is programmatically attached to one of the RS232 ports so it can be used in combination with the RS232 port.
What is nice about this converter is that it is a small and convenient converter but still it has many configurable parameters, advanced settings and a very stable 32-Bit ARM7 processor.
This converter is main made for consumer, office, laboratory and light commercial applications and environments. It is not recommended for heavy-duty industrial environments due to its rather delicate design.
Several versions of Virtual COM software can be used with this converter: the included downloadable VCOM software, the free and Open Source Com0Com software or a pay-version from FabulaTech.
- Serial interfaces: 2 x RS232, 1 x RS485/422
- Serial ports: 2 ports
- Processor: ARM7 32-bit
- Baud rates up to: 1024000bps (1 port only)
- Two serial ports can be used individually simultaneously
- Built-in 2KV ESD protection for all serial signals
- Parameter configuration via web browser
- Ideal for networking with most serial devices
- Built-in watchdog timer prevents system lockup
- Power supply included
||ARM 7 32-bit
|No. of serial ports
||Port 0: 1 x RS232 port (male DB9)
Port 1: 1 x RS232 (male DB9) and 1 x RS485 / RS422 (screw terminals)
||TX, RX, RTS, CTS, GND
- Parity: None, Odd, Even, Mark, Space
- Data bits : 5, 6, 7, 8
- Stop bits : 1, 2
- Flow Control : RTS/CTS
|RS485 / RS422 parameters
||D-, D+ and Tx-, Rx-, Tx+, Rx+
||Port 0 RS-232: 110 - 230,400bps
Port 1 RS-232: 110 - 1,024.000bps
Port 1 RS-422/485: 110 - 1,024.000bps
||2KV ESD protection for each signal
||RJ45, 10/100 Mbps, Auto-sensing 10BaseT or 100BaseTX
||ARP, IP, ICMP, UDP, TCP Server, TCP Client, HTTP, DHCP, Telnet
|| 2KV Magnetic Isolation
|| Web browser
|Virtual COM software
- Included downloadable VCOM software (free full version)
- FabulaTech Serial Port Redirector 2.5 (30-day Trial) compatible with Windows 98SE, ME, 2000, XP, 2003, Vista, 7, CE, 32/64-bit.
- Com0Com Open Source software compatible with XP, Vista, 7 32/64-bit.
|| 32°F to 140°F (0°C to 60°C)td>
|| 14°F to 158°F (-10°C to 70°C)td>
|| 5% to 95% RH
||65 x 67 x 21mm (without screw terminals)
|| Hard Plastic (PC)
||CE, FCC, RoHS
|| 5VDC External Power, 2.5mm barrel connector, 145mA max.
||1 year Limited Warranty
For alternative serial to Ethernet solutions please see our full selection of serial Ethernet converters.