We have decided to no longer sell Moxa products. Please see our selection of alternative solutions.
Another converter from MOXA, the UPort 2210 is a 2-port USB to RS232 serial converter which will allow you to connect two serial devices to your computer via one USB port. It will create two virtual COM ports in your computers Device Manager which can be accessed as if they were standard built-in serial COM ports.
The UPort 2210 is a good entry level converter designed around the MCS7820 processer chip from MosChip, ideal for most office, laboratory and light commercial environments and applications.
Besides the basic adjustable COM port parameters such as baud rate and data bits, the UPort 2210 also has a few special features such as "Auto Enumerating COM Number" which automatically assign the next available COM port number in sequence. Another feature is that a friendly name can be assigned to the converter making it easy to recognize. Finally worth mentioning are the Fast Flush and Location features. Fast Flush will speed up the response time of the serial ports by calling the Win32 PurgeComm() function before reading or writing data. The Location feature will locate the converter from your computer by flashing the power LED light, which is useful if you have multiple converters connected to the same computer.
LED indication lights for the TX and RX signals for each port makes it easy to see which COM port is in use.
Included with the converter is a USB cable for connecting it to your computer.
- Port powered USB to 2-port RS232 serial converter
- High performance and reliability MOXA brand
- Indication LED lights for TX and RX lines
- WHQL compliant COM drivers included
- Auto detection of data speed
- Built-in 15 KV ESD electrostatic protection
- USB cable included
- Windows 8 32/64, Windows 7 32/64, Server 2012, Vista 32/64, Server 2008 32/64, XP 32/64, Server 2003 32/64
- Linux 2.4.x, 2.6.x, 3.0.x
- Mac OS X
||Standard Type A Male
||TX, RX and Power
||TX, RX, RTS, CTS, DTR, DSR, DCD, GND
||50 bps to 921.6 Kbps
|| None, Even, Odd, Space, Mark
||5, 6, 7, 8
||1, 1.5, 2
|TX / RX buffer size
||16 bytes FIFO
|COM port accessible by
||Included virtual COM port drivers
|Electrostatic (ESD) protection
||140 mA at 5 VDC
||USB 1.1, 2.0, 3.0, EIA/TIA RS232
- EMC: CE, FCC
- UL 60950-1
- EMI: EN 55022 Class B, EN 61000-3-2, EN 61000-3-3, FCC Part 15 Subpart B Class B
- EMS: EN 55024, IEC 61000-4-2, IEC 61000-4-3, IEC 61000-4-4, IEC 61000-4-5, IEC-61000-4-6, IEC 61000-4-8, IEC-61000-4-11
- Green product: RoHS, CRoHS, WEEE
||70 x 35 x 120 mm (2.76 x 1.38 x 4.72 in)
||120 g (0.26 lb)
||0 to 55°C (32 to 131°F)
|Ambient Relative Humidit
|| 5 to 95% (non-condensing)
|MTBF (mean time between failures)
||4,221,778 hrs, Telcordia (Bellcore), GB database
||5 years limited warranty
For alternative USB to serial solutions please see our full selection of USB to Serial RS232 adapters